Saturday, December 15, 2007

Panic time

Tessa woke up today with swollen eyes so I called the ped and we
started her on benedryl for what I thought was allergies. Well this
evening after her 2nd does of benedryl she broke out in hives on her
face, neck and ears! She started wheezing and we threw her in the car
and took of to the after hour clinic. I was lucky they took her right
in. She could barely swallow by the time she was in the room. They
started her on epidrin (sp) breathing treatments and a does of
predison. I have no idea what she is allergic to so we have to go back
for skin test next week.

They sent me home with epipen jr in case it happens again along with
inhalers, predison and benedryl. I am so thankful she is okay all kind
of crazy things was running through my head as I drove everyone off
the road to get her there!! She is bouncing off the walls right now so
I think we will be up for a while!!

1 comment:

Marta said...

How scarey! I'm glad she is better now, and I know you can't wait to find out what this is all about!