Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thank You

Thank you to the sweet Angel that came by today! You know who you are and you are appreciated and love you bunches!!!!

Our grocery budget this week was 26.00. Diapers and washing powders had to be purchased so that took a chunk.

I am working on potty training the kids John will be 5 in January and all he is studying is peeing in his diaper, pull ups and underwear. It has to stop just can't afford diapers anymore and he is to old for them!! He knows what he is suppose to do he even pees in his undies and hides them in my closet!! I think he will go commando tomorrow after the bus stop.

I am going to purchase the products to make homemade washing soap this weekend that should save us lots of money. Laundry for 8 = laundry everyday, multiple loads.

Planning a garden for next year, wish I had of this year.

Making menus for our meals and trying to find other ways to budget in hard times!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The Simple Dollar has a GREAT post on how to make your own laundry soap:

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008/04/09/making-your-own-laundry-detergent-a-detailed-visual-guide/

This is ALL we use for laundry and I love it. My big kids like to make it, and then I chalk it up as a science, home ec and finance lesson all in one :)

We are on a super tight budget here too. I really like Hillbilly Housewives--they have some low budget meal suggestions.

We still struggle with potty training. Especially at night. I know that Keenan can totally hold it at night, but he chooses not to. So I wrapped up a bunch of gum (single pieces) and matchbox cars (that we already had) and then a couple of dollar store trinkets. I threw them into a box, along with some quarters. Whoever wakes up with a dry pullup (I reuse them, only if they are dry, which is probably gross but they are so darn EXPENSIVE) gets to pick something from the box.

And wouldn't you know it? The little booger has been dry for EIGHT nights now :)

Good luck, dear!
Sarah