

Well I hope it's ok to share but we are about to embark on a adoption journey I never thought I would do. I am stepping out of my comfort zone and we are adopting an older child. I never even thought about adopting an older child I just love babies! God has been working in my heart for around a month with adoption. I was thinking maybe Jamaican adoption or I have been looking into HIV adoption. That's not where he was leading it was to an older child.
I took the advice of my friend and waited 24 hours after finding out the mother adopting her can no longer continue. Since God has lead us here to this point he will help us find the resources to fund it. I have added a chip in to our site again if God leads you to give thank you!
So here is the news Darlene will be joining our family. She is related to TnT I am just not sure how. I see some resemblance in her and Tamar.
She is 8 years old so any books anyone can recommend on older child adoption please leave me a commit. She has been at the O since the start up or shortly after I think so quite a while. I can't wait to go visit her and John!! which will be to file paperwork soon I hope.
This was not a easy decision but the power of prayer is awesome! I had the whole church praying for this situation. Now I just have to hope and pray we will be accepted into ibesr!




5 comments:
Janet, CONGRATS!! HOW EXCITING! What an amazing family you have! God is amazing how He pulls us out of our zones. I always liked the saying "God does not call the equipped but equips the called." He will give you all you need, of that I am sure. Julie
Congratulations Janet!! It will be fine and I think you will be amazed as to how she adjusts once she is home. Though I am sorry her other option fell through and she has to stay longer at the O, I am really glad that she will be joining your lovely family. You do of course have the patience of JOB to go through the process 4 times in a row.LOL!!
Aves
Janet,
Hi, I just saw you on the Jamaica board and had to come by. I remember you from PAC!!!!
Congratulations on your newest adventure:)
We have signed up with HATW with their pilot program to Jamaica, but are very very early into it.
Janet, what wonderfully exciting news! I'm so happy for all of you.
WOW CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful and such a sweetie!
Post a Comment